Habitat Matter is looking for a Junior Project Manager to help us bring more sustainable products to architectural designers for their projects throughout the US. You’ll be responsible for the successful quoting and delivery of our acoustic design products, working directly with architects, designers, manufacturers, and contractors.
Please note that this is not a design role – you will consult with designers on the capabilities of our products, but this role is to coordinate projects based on the client’s designs and specifications. You’ll start with standard and straightforward projects, with the goal of working up to more complex and critical projects and graduating to become a Project Manager.
A good candidate must be independently motivated, a great communicator, an excellent record keeper, and skilled at anticipating and resolving conflicts in a calm and friendly way. You should be personable and responsible with a keen eye for details.
- Receive standard quote requests from clients
- Review construction documents for specifications
- Coordinate & track outstanding requests, including deadlines for bids in Hubspot
- Request pricing from our manufacturers, as necessary
- Put together quotes and proposals for clients
- Track shipments, and communicate to ensure successful delivery
- Maintain clean and organized files within our company Dropbox
- Native or Fluent English. US-based.
- A visual thinker with experience reading Plans, Elevations, RCP and other construction docs
- Computer savvy with solid working proficiency with Excel, Gmail, Google Docs, PDF
- Ability to make & receive phone calls with courtesy and professionalism
- Confidence in creative problem solving
- We’re a fully distributed team, so you’ll need a good place to focus while working from home, reliable internet, and a capable computer with a front-facing camera for video meetings.
- We work with European manufacturers, so regardless of your time zone you’ll need to be available between 9-11 am EST US time each day for communication with Europe.
- Enthusiasm for design and our mission of bringing better quality materials to more buildings
COMPENSATION & TIME
- Independent Contractor position. $30/hr to start, with raise upon promotion to PM
- Full-time, approximately 40 hours per week. Holidays & vacations are flexible.
- Start with 2 weeks of trial, training & ramp-up before taking on your own projects.
- You’ll be working virtually. No site visits are required but we will arrange occasional team meetups!
Architects and designers look to Habitat Matter for beautiful, sustainable & acoustic products for interior design. We’re a young team with a startup mentality, working to improve the quality, design, and sustainability of building products available in the US. We work with world-class architecture firms throughout the US, doing projects for companies like Google, Accenture, Adobe, Microsoft, and many others.
HOW TO APPLY
Please write a cover letter describing how you think you’d be a good fit for this role and include examples of any experience you have with Architecture, Design, Construction, Engineering, Product Design, or a related field. To demonstrate attention to detail, please also note a building or piece of architecture or art that resonates with you. We’ll follow up with qualifying candidates with an interview. Thanks 🙂