Your interior spaces should look and sound perfect.
Start with our curated product lines above, and count on us for support from pre-design to punchlist.
Standard or Custom
Parametric or Modular
Committed to every project’s success
Design unique & comforting spaces
with the right balance of acoustic materials
Sounds have a profound effect on the way we experience spaces, deep in our subconscious. But, acoustic design is often overlooked, and the standard carpet & ACT aren’t enough.
We are elevating acoustic design, bringing high-quality, sustainable acoustic products to the US for your next project. Browse the full acoustic product collection
We love buildings with authentic materials like glass, stone, wood, steel, and concrete.
These hard reflective surfaces make for beautiful spaces but lead to a buildup of noise & echo.
Sound-absorbing materials counteract this, serving a vital function while supporting the overall design.
left: muratto senses
let’s start the conversation —
we’d love to hear from you:
There’s more to the story
“the lombard effect”
In noisy environments, people involuntarily raise their voices which leads to a vicious cycle of increasing noise. Maybe you’ve felt this phenomenon at a loud restaurant, yelling across the table just to be heard. Acoustic materials properly applied can stop this effect from getting out of control, while maintaining the correct vibe for the space.
When designing with acoustics in mind, starting simple is ok. Basic rectangles fit almost any space, but there is so much more you can create with our sustainable acoustic materials.
Great decorative sound-absorbing panels and other acoustic design elements are an essential part of interior design. They can and should match your aesthetic, rather than looking like an afterthought.
“how much acoustic material do I need?”
When sound waves are reflected back into a room by hard surfaces, they build up and get louder. This is called reverberation, and the goal is for most sound to dissipate after about half a second. Achieving that depends on the type of the room, its dimensions, and the various other surfaces. We can help you calculate the surface area of sound-absorbing materials required to get the right balance.
our curated collection of sustainable acoustic products
minimize excess noise and improve well-being
We’ve partnered with world-class manufacturers who bridge the gap between design, performance, and sustainability.
Great design is hard to measure, but they’ve won awards.
For sustainability they’ve got Cradle-to-Cradle.
And how to measure acoustic performance? See below:
left: muratto strips zigzag
how to compare and evaluate acoustic products
remember: soundproof ≠ sound-absorbing
“sound transmission class”
STC measures how much sound is blocked from passing through a material, like a wall. Results vary widely depending on the test, so pay special attention to test conditions rather than taking an STC number at face value. This is the acoustic rating used for our demountable wall systems.
“noise reduction coefficient”
NRC measures how much sound a material can absorb, up to 100% (or NRC 1.0). For example, an acoustic panel with 0.95 NRC will absorb 95% of the sound energy that contacts it. The remaining 5% will either reflect back or pass through it.